Friday, April 30, 2010

To Die For Dark Coco-Lime Cupcakes

We got invited to dinner the other night, and I promised I would make a dessert and bring it. With no money and little options I scavenged the pantry. I found a box of dark chocolate cake mix and decided to use it for cupcakes instead of a traditional cake. I wanted to jazz it up, so I added a few extra ingredients - hoping I wouldn't throw off the molecular structure of the cupcake's integrity. Luckily, it all worked out beautifully, and the results were phenomenal.

I followed all of the instructions on the boxed dark chocolate cake mix.
Then I added the zest and juice of 2 limes.
Finally, I stirred in 1/4 cup of coconut milk.
Again, I just had to follow the baking directions on the box for 24 cupcakes.
(I finished them with a can of on-hand milk chocolate frosting).

Even though these aren't technically homemade, I swear to you these are the fluffiest and moistest cupcakes we have ever eaten. They have such a wonderful flavor and seem surprisingly light. I didn't get any pictures, but they really wouldn't do any justice anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment