Friday, May 7, 2010

Prepping

Hey there. It feels like it's been forever since my last post. Things have been pretty hectic as of late. There are many many things on the agenda for this month. The Renegade application just came out today for Chicago. My friend Stephanie and I have been prepping and are planning to submit ours along with the hefty payment this coming Tuesday! Kind of nervous, kind of excited. Regardless of the juror's outcome, we will be attending together in September.


assembly line for embroidered bird brooches


I have also been taking crochet classes for the last couple of weeks. Having never done it before, it seemed like a fun craft to learn. They first night I was kind of mystified but then caught on rather quickly. By week 2 we had learned 6 or 7 stitches. At this point, I have started on my project which are some 'back loop only' fingerless gloves.


still in their very elementary stages


Other than that, I have been applying to a mass of jobs that have opened up recently. It feels good to see more and more opportunities becoming available. Just a few more days until sewing starts...I can't wait! This will already be my 9th or 10th 6 week session. I am hoping to make a bag and maybe a couple more cute skirts for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment