Sunday, April 18, 2010

Hella Good 'Greek' Burgers (2 Recipes in 1)!


Last night we had Phil's parents over for another one of our game nights. We knew that we wanted to grill burgers - it was just a matter of what seasonings to do. I decided I was going to do a spin on Greek. Here are the recipes/ingredients that I used:

For the meat I combined:

1 package lean ground beef
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 egg
a little milk (no more than a 1/4 cup)
1 cup plain breadcrumbs
a good shake of both parsley and basil
a dash of ground mustard
salt and pepper to taste
and a sprinkling of grill seasoning

I made fairly plump patties and let them sit in the fridge all day to 'marry.' I pulled them out about one half hour before serving so they would come down in temperature a little bit and cook more evenly on the grill.

Instead of mayonnaise I served my homemade feta dip. (I usually use this dip for crackers, toast and bagels, but it stood up just as well as a condiment. It also gave the Greek spin to the burgers).

The dip:

8oz of soft cream cheese
1 cup of crumbled feta (I just take a fork to a 'brick' of cheese for this. It's cheaper than buying crumbles).
2 tbsps sour cream
1 tbsp minced garlic (I use the wet kind)
1 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp basil
a drizzle of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

We just spread it across our buns, and it tasted amazing with the juicy burgers!

Then the only other thing I did was substitute baby spinach for lettuce leaves. 

Unfortunately I was a dum-dum and forgot to take a picture of the finished product like I normally do. Honestly though, if you like the above ingredients you have to try these things!...and let me know what you think. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment