Thursday, April 22, 2010

Garlic Lime Chile Chicken Salad

Ok, so I posted what I was making for dinner tonight to my Facebook page, and it got quite the response. So for those of you curious as to how I put the ingredients together, here is a little help:

For the chicken:

8-10 white meat chicken tenders (that's for two people, add more for a family serving)
Mexican Chile Lime marinade (we have Lawry's, but easy enough to make with raw ingredients)
zest of 1 lime
1 tbsp garlic
salt and pepper to taste

Let marinade for an hour or two before pan frying - the longer the better! (I also take a fork and lightly poke holes throughout the tenders so the flavor is also inside the meat).

For the dressing:

zest of 1 lime
juice of 2 limes
1/4 cup of olive oil
a tiny splash of vinegar
1 tbsp of honey (we had clover, but any is fine)
salt and pepper to taste

I combined all of the ingredients into a mason jar. It is perfect for shaking as well as storage. (You can always use a bowl and just whisk everything really well together). Again, adjust the recipe for more than 2 people.

I have even had this yet, lol. However, my intent is to pan-fry the chicken tenders, toss a mix of spinach leaves and lettuce with the dressing and serve with a side of brown rice. I hope this has your mouth watering. ;) Let me know if you try and enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment