Thursday, February 25, 2010

Craft (Day and) Night

Oh my gosh, this is not a food post! I actually had planned for tonight to be a craft night a little over a month ago. A gathering of friends just come over and make whatever it is that they are working on, or I find some kind of tutorial to go off of for a new project.

Craft night started a little bit earlier. Sarah came over to make more promotional sketchbooks, and I tried out Susie Gharemani's (aka www.boygirlparty.com) easy handmade sketchbook how to. Here is the link for that:

http://boygirlparty.livejournal.com/217584.html?mode=reply







These are the two sketchbooks that I made. They were super simple, and I just did the sewing by hand (though they could be easily run through a machine). I love the fact that Susie uses a rubber band for a closure. It keeps everything nice and flat. I also had fun playing with the stitching methods.


Later in the evening, the other crafters showed up and got to business. My friend Stephanie (http://www.etsy.com/shop/oppositedayshop) had been making these great rosettes - which I actually have been really wanting to learn how to do. I thought it would be this really complicated task, but once I got the hang of it, they were pretty easy. It's great, because you can use just about any fabric and make things like: keychains, barrettes, broaches, headbands and more. I am pumped to have been shown this technique, and I see a lot of little rosettes in my future! Here are tonight's creations:






I am really pleased with how these 3 items turned out (2 broaches and a barrette). I definitely want to make some really cute headbands with the corduroy flowers.


If you have any questions on either of the projects shown here, please feel free to ask away. I'd be happy to help. I am excited for the next couple of weeks, because my schedule is a little more open than it has been. I am hoping to bulk up my etsy store and get some new things made! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment