Saturday, February 13, 2010

Band Tee Quilt

This will definitely be a longer term project. A friend came to me a bunch of old concert t-shirts. Not necessarily wanting to wear them, but definitely not wanting to get rid of them, she asked me if I'd make her a quilt or blanket from them. I knew I would be able to do it, so I said sure. Here is here contribution:



I think the roughest part will be getting everything cut to the right size. Not all of the shirts are the same shape or size, so that appears to be the biggest obstacle so far.


Fortunately, I went down to the basement bookshelves and found my "Generation T" book. Inside of it, there's a pattern for a similar project. Their's is for more shirts, but I am confident that I can construct my version using their methods.




(Pictures above from "Generation T: 108 Ways to Transform a T-shirt")


Like, I said before, this project may take a bit longer than my others. However, I'll definitely post the finished result when it's all done. Wish me luck ;)






2 comments:

  1. You are awesome. I love you. I have one of these my mom made me when I graduated high school and it was all my sports tshirts. Good times. Bands will be fun. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you too, lady! This one is for a friend, but I am definitely considering one of my own now. :)

    ReplyDelete