Friday, February 5, 2010

Pork Stoup

Last night I tried out another 'Ask Aida' recipe, her pork stew. I think mine may have been less thick, but the result was still incredible! I also substituted out some not so favorite things for a flavor profile that I liked (parsley for oregano and red bell pepper instead of green).

Rather than talk all the way through it, here is the recipe and some of the steps in photos:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/aida-mollenkamp/pork-and-green-pepper-stew-recipe/index.html



kind of a slimy task, but it was super fresh!




It took a while to get through this, because one shoulder still had a bone and my knife wasn't the best.




everything just hangin' out together and getting browned




The stock and beer had just been added at this point...and smelled amazing.




Finally, an hour and a half later, time to eat! (well worth the wait)



I think the major difference, compared to other homemade meals, was the fresh herbs. They are so much better than jarred and flaked. I found them for surprisingly cheap too. Please feel free to share any of your favorite recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment