Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring Fling

Well, today has proven to be a mighty productive Saturday. This morning I started out by preparing dinner. I found a recipe for a homemade, authentic Mexican chicken tortilla soup. It has been slow cooking away all day, and I cannot wait to try it later. (If it is decent, I will share the recipe in another post). I also made another whopper of a batch of mango guacamole to go with the theme.

When I was finished with the food prep, I decided to make some more crafts. I finally finished a headband I was making for my friend Whitney. I think she'll really like it. The color is a surprise, but I chose something that will compliment her dark hair and porcelain skin.

After that I was still in the mood to craft, so I made a few more cards for my etsy shop. Since spring is in the air I made some seasonal items:


"Happy Easter" Braille card



"Peace" Braille card



Felt & Button Flowers card (with a bound page)


Luckily Dexter was really content to read to himself and hang out solo for a monster portion of the day. It was nice to have some 'me' time and make some new things. I plan on adding a whole array of colors as far as the Felt Buttons & Flowers go. In the next week or so I will also be adding some felt accessories to my shop, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for those. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment