Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Post-Crossing

So today Sarah and I decided to join www.postcrossing.com. It is a site where you can send and receive postcards from all over the world.

I actually used to do a lot of ATCs (aka artist trading cards) when I was in college. It was so cool to share artwork with new, international friends. This is immediately what I thought of. It is cool that you can detail what you'd like to receive too. Everyone has a profile, and your recipients are chosen at random. There is a 5 person limit for each round of mailings. I signed up for my first five and ended up with people from: California, the Netherlands, Finland and Poland.

Some people buy and send store-boughts, but to me this is another opportunity to design and illustrate and really explore creativity. I am looking forward to 'meeting' new pen pals and receiving some non-junk mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment