Saturday, January 9, 2010

I've Got a Secret...

...and today I bring you a few more valentines. These simple little cards were inspired by the art of sending a secret message. The kraft paper envelopes hold a special greeting for the recipient. Some have a message printed on the outside revealing only the envelopes content. Others have the message on the inside making it more of a mystery. I also tried to play on some words according to the images used.

This was a fun project, because it took me back to the grade school days of the valentine exchange (only this time I didn't have to make a milk carton or paper plate holder to keep them in). Each of these cards were lovingly stamped and assembled by hand. Some have added hand-colored detail. They are all available in my etsy shop as well:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/dessertforbreakfast?view_type=gallery

Thanks again for stopping by! ...more to come soon...

2 comments: