Monday, January 25, 2010

Bears, Books and Binds

Today was quite the productive one. It's always nice to reflect back and know that I did something worthwhile. My friend Sarah called me up and asked if I would help her with some self promotional pieces. She came equipped with some great paper and energy. (We notoriously don't get things done together). Anyhow, we decided to go with a journal/sketchbook. We made a few just to start. but I think they turned out pretty good:




The one with the bird in the jar is mine. I recently filled my prior book.




This is a look inside of one of the books that Sarah and I worked on. It is nice and thick and lined with some specialty map paper. It also features an inner side pocket perfect for business cards or other pocket-sized info. The binding is a very simple technique using one piece of thread and 3 holes.

Finally, I also worked on some more valentines. My good friend Nick asked me to contribute some pieces for an event his film company is holding downtown. I decided to make some more grizzly cards:




Please check out Nick @ www.rubbishisgold.com

Please check out Sarah @ www.sarahjulie.com

And finally please check back often with my etsy store as I will be adding more new items like the sketchbooks shown above: http://www.etsy.com/shop/dessertforbreakfast?view_type=gallery

No comments:

Post a Comment