Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Birthday Greetings

I've tried to make a promise to myself that I won't purchase any more cards - for any occasion. I have the tools and the skills to make them, so it's pretty ridiculous not to. I realized that I had a lot of different things for various holidays but nothing really just for birthdays.

I came up with this present design. It is nice and simple and makes great use of scrap fabric, ribbon, etc. It's also generic enough to use for just about any occasion. It's also gender-neutral. All I have to do is make the appropriate fabric/paper choices.




Another thing I like about these is that the time put into them is evident. Each square of fabric is sewn. Each ribbon is sewn. I think it's nice to say, "I care about you so much that I took time to hand make something for you."

1 comment:

  1. My birthday is coming up. I would like one. Please and thanks.

    ReplyDelete