Wednesday, February 11, 2009

C'est la Vie

Well, I finally heard back from that company that I went on two interviews for. They sent me a rejection letter in the mail after I left two voice mails with them. Mega disappointing. It seemed like a good fit. But I just have to look at it as it wasn't meant to be. Thankfully tomorrow am I meeting with Digital People. They are a creative staffing firm who will try to place me either as freelance or on some other basis with their network of clients. I haven't lost hope. In the mean time I am keeping busy with Dexter and trying to write up a business plan...

I did these wedding invitations for an amazingly nice couple whom I met through a friend. They were incredibly happy with them, and asked me to do their thank yous as well. Also, the groom's brother is getting married in November, and hopefully that is another opportunity for me to design some more. I know a lot of people (professional designers) joke around about how wedding invitations are they work they don't want to do or the undesired work. For me it's quite the opposite. I get humbled that someone is willing to let me direct the look of their big day and that they are sending their friends and family members a piece of my work. The best part is taking an idea someone has and cannot execute for themselves and bringing it to light. That's my favorite.

In other news, I made chicken for dinner with garlic herbed mustard potatoes and steamed veggies. It was scrumptious!

No comments:

Post a Comment