Friday, January 23, 2009

New Year

So I know that this title is a little belated, but I just have this feeling that this year is going to be the best ever. There are so many exciting new things that Dex is going to be learning and doing every day. In fact, in February we get to start him on cereal. This may sound lame to some, but for us it brings huge excitement. 

Prospects of a job are looking a little more positive. The economy is still in the toilet, but for the first time in ages I am interviewing. It feels great. Someone out there actually likes what I am doing...and cares enough to contact me about it. Having a more secure position would do so many great things for our family. I feel at this point we are just scraping by, barely. Something more significant would be stellar. However, I do plan on staying the weekends at the store for now. I am really comfortable there, and she is even starting to carry some of my cards! 

Other exciting news is our first family vacation. (God-willing) in April we are road tripping down to Missouri to stay with my grandparents for a few days. They feel awful being so far away, so it will bring them such delight to see all of us, especially little Dex again. It will be special too, because I have cousins and other relatives there who have never met him before. I know 11 hours with an infant will be a challenge, but I like to think of it more as an adventure.

I don't know if it's the moons, or the new White House or what, but the karma is so positive right now, and I just see good things happening this year!

1 comment:

  1. you know what, I am feeling the same way. this year is going to be a great year! I am excited for all the posiblities that have been happening so far.
    Good luck with the job interview!

    ReplyDelete