Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Good with the bad

Some of you may or may not know that my Found On Road Dead Taurus took it's last breaths on Sunday. I've had nothing but problems with this beast for years. This last breakdown was the final straw. It brought the repairs total to more than the original purchase price of the car! While it was no fun being stranded or towed around, there is a silver lining to this incident. I was able to get the car I have been yearning for the past 4 or 5 years. It's a black Honda Fit (sport). Looks tiny from the outside, but inside it's actually quite comfortable and spacious. It feels really good to have something reliable now, especially being the car that I have wanted for so long. Now our family travels will be safe (and stylish) ones!

In other news, I went on an interview for a Merchandising/Graphic Designer position for a company in Oakbrook. First of all, I was really pumped to even be called in (with today's economy and all). Interviews are not a dime a dozen anymore, so I took it very seriously and optimistically. I left feeling really good about the meeting, so hopefully my stars are aligned and our living situation can get ever so slightly more comfortable. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment