Saturday, June 19, 2010

Simple Father's Day Card

I got a call in from my good friend Sarah (http://www.quartersofacreative.com/) to make a fish-themed Father's Day card. I looked through all of my stamps, books and handmade stencils and found nothing fishy. Upon my rummaging, I came across my miniature brown paper bag envelopes. They are one of my favorite card accents - as they are interactive. Once I knew I was using one of said envelopes, I looked for appropriate coordinating papers and a white envelope.

Here is what I came up with:


The striped and textured card was pre-made. I added the brown paper bag
envelope. The large mouth bass is cut from Paper Source's 'Croma Lime' paper.
(I illustrated the bass first and then cut it out with needlepoint scissors).


I also used a needle to poke a hole near the bass' mouth. Then I threaded 
some coordinating blue embroidery floss through the hole. This gave the fish that 
'hooked' look.



Lastly, I put the fish away in the envelope's pocket. His mouth and the string
stick out just a little bit to let you know there is something inside. The floss also
acts as a pull to get the fish out!


I hope you enjoyed this simple Father's Day card. This would be great for any man's birthday in general. It can be customized with lots of different fish and papers too. Have fun with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment